Aromatherapy is the use of aromatic, botanical essential oils to balance and rejuvenate body, mind and spirit and to alleviate symptoms of illness. This 120-hour course is organized in 8 modules of 15 hours each and involves the in-depth study of 30 essential oils as well as how to make your own products. Upon completion of this course, 30 case studies and an exam, you can apply for the designation C.A.H.T. (Certified Aromatherapy Health Therapist).
- History and introduction to essential oils. Study of 10 essential oils.
- Absorption of oils through skin and lungs, olfaction and blood brain barrier. Safety data and contraindications.
- Extraction, quality and basic chemistry of oils. Complex and multi-condition blending. Compresses, ointments, vegetable butters and clay.
- Client assessment and case study form. Contraindications to massage and basic safety.
- Massage for the front of legs, abdomen, arms, and head. Blending for specific conditions such as pain, cellulite, arthritis, digestion, etc.
- Practicum for full body treatment. Case study supervision.
- Complete 9 case studies for the program.
- Aromatherapy Applications. Make your own products from scratch.