The mark of a good holistic practitioner is their ability to support the client in setting and reaching goals for physical well-being; to discern when clients need a sympathetic ear, emotional support to deal with their ailments; and to offer a safe and comfortable environment for clients which allows for honest exploration of the emotional connections to ailments.
This 22-hour course covers:
- The art of listening and empathy
- Focusing as a tool to let the body talk
- Setting appropriate professional boundaries and professional communication tools
- Referring a client for psychological/ psychotherapeutic support
- An overview on common psychospiritual issues
- Dealing with emotional release as it may occur during body or energy work
- Tools for setting realistic goals
- Follow-up and motivating your client
Course Code: HSC-COU
Fee: $300 if taken as part of program, $475+HST if taken as single course.