The following will answer some of your questions about registration, policies and more.
Pre-registration is necessary for all programs, workshops and most evening lectures. Where pre-registration is not required (i.e. Info Nights, Compassion Energy Circle) an RSVP is recommended to ensure your space.
Registering in Person:
Payment Options: Cash, cheque, credit card (VISA, MasterCard), Debit Cheques are payable to Transformational Arts. For VISA or MasterCard include account number, expiry date and signature below. Enclose payment with course name and code and mail to:
Transformational Arts College of Spiritual and Holistic Training,
3300 Yonge St., Suite 301, Toronto, ON M4N 2L6
Register securely online through PayPal.
Things to Know:
- Classes fill quickly, so register early to avoid disappointment.
- Transformational Arts reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrolment. Registrants will be notified by telephone prior to class start: 2 days for short and part-time courses and 1 week for full-time courses. A full refund will be issued.
- Financial/Academic requirements and Student Guidelines are subject to change without notice.
The following non-refundable deposits are required upon registration: Discovering the Total Self-$100, Esoteric Spiritual Studies, Continuing Education $125/$150/$300, Certificate and Part-time Professional Programs $300 with application, Full-time Professional Programs $500 with application.
Professional Training Programs Payment Options:
Payment in full is due one month prior to course start-date.
Payment plans can be arranged individually to suit your financial situation. The following criteria are applied:
- 25% of total tuition fee payable one month prior to course start
- Interest rate for financing remaining tuition: 8.5% per annum.
- $150 Administrative Fee (non-refundable, non-transferable), $60 on changes after 3 months of program start date, $35 on multiple documentation requests.
- Payment plans need to be confirmed no later than 4 weeks after registration.
- Material fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Books, teacher manuals, tapes, oils, massage tables and other tools are extra.
- Costs for psychotherapy, group and intensives, even if pre-/co-requisite for professional programs, are not included in program tuition and are extra.
- The fee for graduation (included in the Administrative Fee) includes verification of attendance and assignments/case studies, tests/exams, issuing of diploma and student attendance at the graduation event (whether attended or not) and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A $55 fee is charged for any NSF payment. This includes cheques returned for insufficient funds and credit cards that are refused.
Tuition Tax Credits:
Tuition paid for programs over $100 is eligible for tuition tax credits. Education tax credits are available for months spent in full-time or part-time study. You will receive your T2202 Tuition fee when you pay for that part of the year. Example: Your course starts in September; however you paid your full tuition for the year. The T2202 that you will need for your T1 tax return will show 4 months or 1/12 per month the tuition times 4 months. The remaining 8 months you can use the next year on your personal.T1 return. Tuition Tax credit forms, T2202, are issued, if not already released, will be released on February 28th.
Professional training programs that lead to a diploma are HST exempt. If a training program is not completed, HST will be applied to the value of courses taken, to the day of written notification of withdrawal. The resulting tax amount is due immediately upon notification. Discovering the Total Self courses are only HST exempt if taken as part of a professional diploma program.
*Note: HST is applicable on program course fees for partially taken programs as follows: Holistic Certificate: Holistic courses are calculated at single course tuition fees plus HST; Spiritual Director Programs, Total Self courses are calculated at full tuition fees plus HST.
Deposits are non-refundable. Fees for Total Self courses are non-refundable after the first class. If you decide to withdraw from the Total Self courses prior to the second class (written notification required), you will be refunded total fees paid, less the non-refundable deposit and cost of classes taken. Withdrawal after the second class forfeits entire course fee. Fees paid for special events and Summer Lecture Series are non-refundable but they are transferable; or upon request they can be held as a credit for a comparable program for up to one year.
Refunds for all other programs are available, less your deposit and administration fee, if you cancel in writing 14 days before your program start date. Withdrawal from any professional program is effective once notification is received in writing. Notice of withdrawal from a professional program is not acceptable by telephone or word-of-mouth. Refund eligibility is determined as follows:
Full-time Professional Training Programs—Upon official withdrawal up to four weeks or one month from commencement date of program, full refund is available (minus deposit, cost of classes taken, materials fees and administrative fees). After the fourth week official withdrawal deadline, 50% refund of remaining program fees is available (minus value of classes taken prior to official withdrawal, minus the deposit, material fees, administrative fees, outstanding fees payable and interest if applicable is eligible). The remaining net 50% of tuition fees can be held as credit (non-transferable/non-redeemable) towards re-entry into the same program for up to one year.Part-time Professional Training Programs—Upon official withdrawal up to two months or eight weeks after commencement of program, full refund is available (minus deposit, cost of classes taken, material fees and administrative fees). After the eighth week official withdrawal deadline, 50% refund of remaining program fees is available (minus value of classes taken prior to official withdrawal, minus the deposit, material fees, administrative fees, outstanding fees payable and interest if applicable).The remaining net 50% of tuition fees can be held as credit (non-transferable/non-redeemable) towards re-entry into the same program for up to one year.