This Certificate Course is for TAC Graduates, RP, RP (qualifying), members of Regulated Health Professions, those who deal with death and dying or wish to be part of this sacred mystery. Course is 30 hours.
- Assess your own discomfort and fears about your own death.
- What will be your legacy?
- How will your Eulogy read?
Mindful Living, Conscious Dying is a ten-week, thirty hour course designed to enhance the skill sets of Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Clergy and Spiritual Directors working with clients who are diagnosed with a life shortening illness or in the latter stages of the dying process.
Over the next 25 years, one in 4 people will be over the age of 65, in North America. There is a growing demand for people to guide us and our elders through the dying process and help their loved ones learn to live with their grief.
Your learning outcomes of this course:
- Ability to validate the importance of Palliative, Hospice and Respite care for your client.
- Discuss, using accurate language, ideas about death and dying while holding space for your client.
- Assist your client in discussing their end of life experience and needs.
- Determine the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs of your client and advocate as required.
- Explain end of life legalities – wills, types of powers of attorney, executors and what they want done with their body.
- Exercise professional boundaries and ethics.
- Initiate the discussion about creating a client’s end of life ceremony, secular, religious or?
- Support your client in planning their final ritual.
|Upon completion of this Course you will learn how to:
The Course is 30 hours over 10 weeks with interactive instruction.
As a result of the pandemic, there is a segment with ritual about saying good-bye when you cannot see or touch or be present at someone’s end of life.
Mindful Living, Conscious Dying: Registration Information
START DATE:Wed, Feb. 21, 2024
START TIME: 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
COURSE LENGTH: 10 weeks, 30 hours (Wednesdays,
6:30-9:30 pm) (Saturday afternoon only)
TUITION: $800.00 INCLUDES MATERIAL BOOK, HANDOUTS,
ADMIN FEE, CERTIFICATE, AND
TUITION TAX CREDIT T2202, ISSUED FEBRUARY 2024
INSTRUCTOR: GORD RIDDELL RP, BSSc.
Credit for Unit 3 of the Spiritual Director Program will be given upon successful completion of unit requirements plus attendance of 90% met. This credit allows you to continue into the Spiritual Directors Training Program with one of 4 required unit credits. This unit credit must be applied with your registration in the full Program no later than September 2023.