The latest scientific research on sound indicates that this vibrational art helps to synchronize the hemispheres of the brain, induce relaxing brainwave states, such as alpha, and produce the relaxation response. Besides promoting wellness, the experience of sound can be magical, mystical and creative connecting us deeply to our soul and spirit.
Benefits and learning outcomes include:
- Produce sound that affects the mind/body/spirit continm integrating the latest research on sound
- Adapt sound to be a part of your spiritual practice
- Incorporate the vocal toning of vowel sounds, bija mantras, chanting and Kirtan to balance the chakras
- Discover the healing sounds of many ancient and easy-to-play instruments
- Interpreting the 5 elements (earth, water, fire, air and ether) and translating them into sound
- Inventing healing sounds with user-friendly instruments combined with energy work and the vibrational arts of colour, crystals and aromatherapy
Course Length: 1 evening per week for 8 weeks, 7:00-9:30 pm unless otherwise noted.
Pre-Requisite: No previous musical, vocal or sound experience is necessary. Courses TS-01and TS-05