Our Holistic Health Practitioner Training Program was one of the first of its kind in complementary and alternative health care in Canada. The program offers a variety of courses in both Holistic and Energetic Studies: Aromatherapy, Shiatsu Basics, Herbal Studies, Homeopathy, Chakra Studies, Reiki, Reflexology, Colour Therapy, and Medical Intuition to name a few.
A Comprehensive Program
The Holistic Health Practitioner Training Program is a 910-hour professional training program in holistic healthcare and energetic studies. Created in 1994, it was the first complementary and alternative healthcare program developed in Canada and continues to be the most comprehensive and inclusive program in the country. The program offers:
- A unique integration of physical, holistic and energetic modalities & vibrational arts
- A spiritual approach which forms the foundation for the program
- An opportunity for students to do their own inner healing and embark upon a spiritual journey while studying
- A practical, hands-on approach to learning
- Instructors that are professionals actively involved in their practices and communities
- Limited class sizes = more individual student support
- More dedicated classroom hours
Holistic Health Career Outlook
In a recent job survey analysis by the Federal government, Employment and Skills Development Canada, Holistic Health was identified as having an above average demand for practitioners, resulting in a projected shortage of workers in the field from now through to 2026 and onward.
- A diverse collection of modalities, exceeding requirements of the Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners
- Many options to choose from: take the entire program; focused certificates, Individual Studies or one course at a time
A variety of career opportunities exist for graduates of the Holistic Health Practitioner Program. Graduates work as:
- Holistic Practitioners in Clinics, Retreat and Wellness Centres, Spas, Cruise Ships and Holiday Resorts
- Support staff for: Chiropractors, Naturopathic and Homeopathic Doctors
- Entrepreneurs and set up your own private practice or clinic with other practitioners or corporate on-site contracts
- To train students with professional skills in a variety of bodywork/energy work and holistic health care modalities.
- To provide students with practical and professional experiences in these holistic health care modalities.
- To complement and work synergistically with conventional medicine.
- To support students in the exploration of the intimate connection between body, mind and spirit in respect to physical health or illness, while examining the psychospiritual influences behind illness.
- To introduce students to the basic requirements in business management, ethics and communication to allow for the development of a successful practice.
- Anatomy and Physiology (30 hours)
- Pathology (18 hours)
- Aromatherapy, including product making (120 hours)
- Herbal Studies and Fundamental Iridology (105 hours)
- Homeopathy (30 hours)
- Swedish Basics (30 hours)
- Shiatsu Basics (30 hours)
- Reflexology (45 hours)
- Natural Nutrition and Nutritional Symptomatology (30 hours)
- Basic Counselling Skills and Holistic Coaching (22 hours)
- Ethics & Managing a Business (18 hours)
- Holistic Treatment Skills (24 hours)
Total Holistic Hours — 502
Holistic Health Practitioner Professional Designations:
C.N.H.P.—Certified Natural Health Practitioner
C.A.H.T.—Certified Aromatherapy Health Therapist
C.R.H.P.—Certified Reflexologist Healthcare Practitioner
Total Holistic Health Program Hours
|Total Classroom Hours||763|
|Personal Therapy Hours||25|
|Total Program Hours||910|
Areas of Study
- Holistic Studies
- Energetic Studies
- TS-01: Meditation and The Chakras (20 hours)
- TS-04: The Path of Emotional Healing (20 hours)
- TS-05: Spiritual Healing and Energy Transfer (20 hours)
- TS-06: The Intuitive Arts (20 hours)
- Shiatsu Basics (hours counted in Holistic)
- Reiki I (15 hours)
- Reiki II (15 hours)
- Vibrational Arts & Energy Work (30 hours)
- Chakra Studies II (30 hours)
- Crystal Energy Work (8 hours)
- Sound Energetics (15 hours)
- Medical Intuition, Guided Imagery and Prayer (30 hours)
- Colour Therapy (8 hours)
- Subtle Aromatherapy (15 hours)
- Bach Flower Remedies (8 hours)
- Energy Medicine Techniques (7 hours)
- Basic Counselling Skills and Holistic Coaching (hours counted in Holistic)
Total Energetic Hours — 261
Note: This program can also be taken for personal reasons only: for those whowish to gain holistic health knowledge and skills for themselves and their families.
F/T – Full-Time Course
P/T – Part-Time Course
Part-Time Holistic Program – Various Entry Points
Next Full-Time Holistic Program – Various Entry Points
There are no reviews yet.