Along with being pleasurable and relaxing to experience, massage assists the body’s natural regenerative capacity. Through massage, the body releases endorphins; pain and tension are lessened. This 33-hour course covers:
- The muscular/skeletal system and the art of massage
- Strokes and massage techniques— effleurage and petrissage
- Routine for a basic, full body massage
- Benefits, uses and contraindications for massage
- Specific treatments to release muscular tension
- Routines for relief of headaches, general ailments, aches and pains
- Basic case history procedures
Course Code: HSC-SWE
Instructor: Joe Palumbo, R.M.T.
Pre-Requisite: Anatomy and Physiology
Fee: $430 if taken as part of program, $640+HST if taken as single course.
Note: To become a Registered Massage Therapist one must complete 2 years of full-time study and be licensed by the College of Massage Therapists
Part-time – Starting Date: To Be Announced
Full-time – Starting Date: To Be Announced